No matter the pain, I will never regret adopting Xavier. I will never regret loving him and kissing him and laughing with and at him. I will cherish every moment, every eye brow wrinkle, every giggle. Life isn't about absolutes and certainties. It's about taking risks and chances and losing the things we love and experiencing life. God didn't give me absolutes with Xavier. Do I cry myself to sleep, do I yell and curse in my head? Yes. Because I miss my son. I want my son back.... I want all those moments that I will never have because God chose to take him. And I will never understand why he chose now. But that won't stop me from loving again. It won't stop us from adopting again, from loving again. Because life is a gamble. A beautiful gamble. And Xavier was so worth it. As is every child who is out there waiting for their family to come and get them. As painful as losing Xavier was, he died knowing he was loved. Absolutely and completely. He died knowing he had a family and was wanted. Too many children out there don't know this. They need a family. And so I urge anyone who has thought about adopting to please think again about it. Ask questions. Get the ball rolling. For those who aren't in the position to adopt, I urge you to help families who are taking that leap of faith to adopt. Every child deserves a family.
Jeremiah needs prayer.
11 years ago

















No comments:
Post a Comment