Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Gift from God

Sometimes when things look low, God throws a bone into the mix so we'll remember how loved we are. Today was one of those days.
I received bad news this morning. Apparently the courier service in Houston will be on vacation until July 9th. This means that not only will we not be able to get everything authenticated in a timely manner, but I'll have to wait an extra week for her to return home and start the process. This means that we won't be logged in until July 16th, earliest.

Que the tears...

This entire adoption has been like this. It's just been one stall or "oops" after another and my patience has worn thin many times.

But this time. Really? We were so close. We are so close.

And then I received an email from a young lady that is such an amazing soul. She has spent the last 3 years visiting the facility where my 3 year old is, and every time she visits she spends the week loving on him. She wrote me an email and in it she enclosed pictures of him from age 11 months and on.

I am in slobbering, Mommy heaven.

Behold the cuteness that is Xavier Jones.







3 comments:

  1. Truly a cutie! So nice that you know of someone who has been over there and loving on him until you can :) God is good! So sorry about yet another delay :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love looking at how cute your son is. So sorry about the courier issue. When you are holding that sweet boy in your arms, you will forget about all of the delays you went through to get him. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.MY!! What a fine child - and lucky mom!! And ain't it cool that God.is.smart.like.that? ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete