Wednesday, January 26, 2011

God is so good!

I woke up feeling really crummy. I have a head cold to end all colds. I thought the day wouldn't get better and I should just cut my losses and bury my head in the comforter.
But I couldn't do that because the children still needed to get up and get them off to school.
The day has been amazing!
First Donna emailed me to let me know that our special box for Scarlett arrived and that by tomorrow morning I'll have pictures of my girl opening her presents and seeing her family for the first time. This was after I just received the pictures below of her celebrating Chinese New Year with her house.

And then I received an email from the Curry family. They put in a LOI (letter of intent) for Hayden and just received PA (pre approval) to adopt her. I have been advocating so hard for Hayden because her special needs are so great, she is an older child and, really, at times I have felt like it was hopeless. There has been a huge amount of guilt on my part for not being able to adopt her myself. And then, just a couple of weeks ago, her family found her! And they are such an awesome family. I couldn't have picked a better one for her. She will know God, she will be loved unconditionally and honored and she'll be able to get the surgeries she needs. God is so good!
I then learned that there are possibly two families interested in a little boy from Shepard's Field, who has a serious heart condition that can only be taken care of here in the states. Hopefully one of them will end up being his forever family.

I'm just so overjoyed today!

And for those who follow my blog along religiously and know that I haven't posted lately, it's because I'm just so overwhelmed with everything. I play the "what if" game on a daily basis and try to make sure my children here are getting the attention that they are now demanding more and more. It reminds me of when I gave birth to Maeve and Shaw went back to nursing, even though he had been weaned for several months. They just need that reassurance that things will change but it will be a good change. And so we are moving along here and they are excited to be going to China and excited to be bringing home a little sister. As my friend, Helen, reminded me just a little bit ago, only 13 more days until we leave! I've definitely headed into panic mode, trying to get everything packed, labeled, cleared out, washed and ready for travel. I have boxes coming in daily that are filled with donations for the children at Shepard's Field, as well as for their sponsor children and I am so blessed to know so many people who love these kids and want to add a little light into their days with their gifts and donations. So things are good. As soon as this head cold leaves, I'll be pretty perfect.

And now onto the latest pictures of Scarlett...

This is Scarlett getting make-up put on by the traveling troupe that performed for the children last week



Here is a sampling of the foods they were able to dine on during the Chinese New Year party...

Here she is standing in front of everyone, starting the ABC song...

Here she is with one of the ayis... I'm going to guess with the way she is being looked at that she is very loved by her...

Here she is eating yummy food...


1 comment:

  1. Oh those pictures of Scarlett are just gorgeous! She is beautiful, Kenlyn!! Can't wait until you can hold her and rejoice in your sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete