Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hair today braids tomorrow


With Maeve having such curly hair, I have always just put her hair into piggies or a pony. I don't do bows. But with Scarlett's hair, well, this opens up a whole new world for us. Both Maeve and I decided we would learn how to french braid and so we started learning a couple of weeks ago on one of her doll heads. Maeve has mastered the regular "braid" and wants to braid my hair pretty much daily (she is doing just that as I type this), and I've gotten pretty darn good at french braiding. And of course Scarlett takes the prize for her patience as Mommy attempts to french braid her hair most mornings. As you can tell from the picture, we are bribing her with popcorn for this go round.

2 comments:

  1. Well good morning!! Great bunch of posts - and if I might share a little parental pride - GREAT JOB getting dressed!!

    And yeah - braids - something us guys are happy not knowing about!! ;)

    And finally - on parenting - thank you for 'getting it' - I've got dogs too...maybe that's how I deal with my desire to 'have control'? ;) I understand frustration and folks desire to do what they want when they want and all of that - but one of the true joys of parenting is seeing the look on your childs face when they share an accomplishment - however trivial to an adult - but everything to the child! It's a part of loving - and while loving isn't always easy (wait until the child becomes and adult!!) - it is oh so rewarding!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aus,
    I so agree. This morning we were working on lacing. This is part of Scarlett's therapy. I've given her a couple of days of being able to use her left hand whenever she needs to but today was different. Today she had to use her right hand, even for the hard stuff. And even though it took us a lot longer, she did it! And every time she did it she was so proud of herself. :) I can't imagine missing out on this. I can't imagine handing this part of her life over to someone else. It's through the trails and hardships, the constantly knowing that I'm here and will always be here to cheer her on that has helped so much with the bonding.

    ReplyDelete