But there was something really important that I kept meaning to do and kept forgetting to. At the time it didn't seem horribly bad that I didn't do it.
Until my mom did it.
And now I see how wrong it was that I didn't do it.
You see, for months now I have been meaning to print pictures of Scarlett with our family and place them around the house. I've had people tell me that is so important to our new children, to see themselves with the family, knowing they are part of the family unit.
And it isn't that I haven't meant to do it. Really. I just kept putting it off because I didn't have the right print paper, I needed the perfect frame.
And all the while the pictures weren't put up.
So yesterday Scarlett goes over and spends the day with Grandma and Grandpa. And she sees all these pictures up of her and the other kids. She is elated, excited, beyond happy.
When I come to pick her up, she takes me around to show me all of the pictures.
And I feel horrible. Because it WAS important to her. And I blew it.
So guess what I am printing off as I type this up?
Yep.
No matter how many times I tell her I love her, I snuggle with her, I sing to her at night, it just isn't enough. Until they see themselves with the family, in pictures, this is when they finally feel like part of the family.
















Yeah - I'm bad like that too - thanks for that reminder!!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.