Monday, July 18, 2011

Introducing......



I know I've been secretive about this little one but I wanted to wait until China said "yes" before giving all the details.
Her Chinese name is Qu Dong, she is from Zhengjiang Province and in a small orphanage in Quzhou City. She turns 5 January 11. This means she is 10 months older than Scarlett, so I will (once again) have virtual twins. Because of her special needs, she is the same size as Scarlett, so we will truly have "twins" in every sense of the word. She, like Scarlett, has right side Hemiplegia. This is old hat to us. She also has brittle bone disease. It is mild to moderate, but all the same, it's a rather scary diagnosis. We are not a "gentle" family, with our tickling and chasing and wrestling. Things will have to change a bit in the Jones house in regard to this little one. Because of the brittle bone disease, initially I ran from her. I advocated for her hard, I had her file and photos updated through an agency in China, I had it evaluated through an international adoption doctor, I posted updated pictures of her on several advocating loops.

I couldn't outrun the inevitable.

I had two ladies email me on the same day about her. One was inquiring about her special needs and the other said she was very interested in her and did I think her agency would transfer her file. I read that and went breathless. I then thought to myself, "There will be NO transferring of files!"

And just like that I knew.

Now to convince my husband of the same thing.

He knew I had been advocating for her. I talked about her more than the other children. I showed him her pictures and stared at them for longer than an advocate normally would.

He knew it was coming.

And so I told him I couldn't get her out of my head and I told him what my reaction was to the email.
We played the "what if" games...

And then we realized that if we had played the "what if" game with Scarlett, we wouldn't have Scarlett. And what a horrible hole in our hearts there would be.


So without further ado, I introduce to you....

Finn Jacqueline Jones

13 comments:

  1. She's a beauty! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is Lovely.. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another precious treasure! Congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious girl - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! I love the name, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Congratulations to you! I love her name, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! She is so beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the same conversations I had with my husband. Hopefully all the the paper work will move along quickly for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And can you guess what I'm about to say?

    HOORAH

    little more need be said - save the fact that she is beautiful - your husband is much like me (we're smart like that) - and that y'all will be able to cope with her needs readily - just a feeling!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one virtual twin mama to another... It's so so so so much fun! And exhausting. And so so so so much fun!
    Congratulations!
    Nancy-of the crazy 8s

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thrilled for you all! What a blessing!!!!! God is SO good!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kenlyn, she is beautiful! Just like your Scarlett!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete