Friday, April 6, 2012

Two weeks home...

This child amazes me with her ability to just go with the flow. She smiles all the time. She seems so happy. Every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse on her face of sadness or confusion, but then she'll look into my eyes and smile and hug me. She seems to wake up everyday and say, "This is going to be a great day!"



I am truly in awe.



She loves her Daddy and races to see him and hug him when he comes home at night. She adores her big sister, Maeve, and follows her around the house. Maeve in return adores her and I love watching them together.



Scarlett is starting to loosen up. And by loosen up I mean that she isn't being mean to her anymore. Much.



In fact, Scarlett hugged Finn today. I was blown away.



So was Finn.



She spends her days learning the language and learning what everything is. She is intrigued with everything around her. She sniffs most everything. Especially before she eats something. This cracks me up! She even sniffs her shoes and then says "Puuuu"...



About every two days she will throw a tantrum because she wants something that Scarlett is holding. Two days ago it was purple sandals. Trivial things but all a great lesson to learn on how we interact with each other.



It also makes me realize that we need doubles of everything.



All in all this has been another smooth adoption. How we have been so blessed is beyond me. I'm sure we'll get it on the back side when they are teenagers.



I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings with her.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds wonderful, it will be even more so when big sister and little sister find themselves inseparable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such progress this quickly - wow that's great to hear!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete