I love this time of year. It's when family gets together, we bake yummy food, the house smells like fires in the fireplace, fresh pine needles and cookies. This is the one time of the year that I really slow down and enjoy my family. My children. It seems to be the one time of the year that we don't have all of those activities lined up and places to always be. It's the one time of the year that I take the time to contemplate what family really is, what it means to me, and I take the time to thank God for all that I have and all that He has given me.
I also love the Christmas music. Our local Christian station, 94.9, plays Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas day and we never seem to tire of it. In fact, as the holiday season goes on, we find ourselves singing louder and smiling more. So because I love Christmas music so much and we are starting into the holidays, I have designated Sunday nights as the night that I pick out two of my favorite songs and post them to my blog. I hope that when you listen to them you smile just as much as I do. And I encourage you to find your favorite songs and post them where your friends and family can hear them. Maybe this will remind us all of what Christmas is really all about. Family, our Father.
















No comments:
Post a Comment