Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We have I800 Approval AND GUZ# all in one day!

Why, you ask? Well, simply because I didn't realize we were approved (I800 approved... that is) and so when I called them this morning I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we were approved a week ago, on the 24th.
So then I called the NVC to get my GUZ number. After pressing redial for over an hour (all while multi tasking other things) I got through and was given my GUZ#. I then emailed Belle and asked for an email copy of the cable to give my agency. This should shave off a couple of days, if not longer.

OMGOSH! We are really on our way!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kenlyn!! How exciting!!!! You are going SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm not 100% sure what all that means, but I know it's good, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    It means that we just received the okay from our government to send on her Visa to China to be processed. Now we wait for China to send us our TA (Travel Approval letter) telling us we can come get her. When we get that, our agency will contact the Consulate in China and schedule our appt to finalize our adoption. As soon as we get that date, we backtrack by 3 weeks and book our flights! This gives us 5 days in Beijing, 5 days in her province, Fuzhou, to finalize the orphanage paperwork and then 5 to 7 days in Guangzhou to finalize the medicals and oath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the GUZ? I haven't heard that one before.

    I know you were excited!

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The GUZ number is the number they assign Scarlett's visa. :o)

    ReplyDelete