Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Music Week 3

We are actually early in decorating this year and have everything but the tree. I remember when the children were tiny how we used to play this below song  and the kids would sing along. This video cracks me up so I had to share it with everyone.
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

I have several Christmas songs that remind me of the past. When I hear these songs they take me back to my childhood, to a time when my extended family was all together for Christmas eve, the fireplace was blazing with a fire and Hobbes the basset hound was snoozing in front of it, my cousins were wondering how long we would have to sit there with the grown-ups before we could go into the other room and catch up on "kid" stuff. My Grandma was sitting in her favorite chair and everyone was smiling and happy. My mom would make an amazing meal for everyone and we would end that night by attending the 10 o'clock service with beautiful, traditional music playing. 
What Child Is This

I am so blessed to be able to pass on traditions and have family around me for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment