Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Let's Talk About Massage

Let's talk about massage.

I had no idea how I was going to bond with Xavier. We couldn't play games or run around like animals, shrieking nd just being loud, or exchange food. He is much too delayed for that. And so I went back to the tried and true that all my kids have loved. Massage.
I was hesitant at first because I didn't know if he would like to be touched. He loves it! And so every morning and every night we have massage sessions. Night time is my favorite because I give him a bath, which he loves and would spend hours moving his head back and forth in the water if I would let him, and then he gets a long massage session and finger nail trimming. His favorite area of massage is his head. One of the reasons is probably because of the dry skin, but if I do it long enough it puts him to sleep.  This is the only time of the day when he stops thinking about his dry skin and just relaxes. 

Massage is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment