And then He did.
And my life has forever been changed.
And I look at people who are still walking the same path I was 10 years ago and I wonder how many of them will get that whisper, that nudge. Does He ask this of everyone? How many more families will adopt or advocate or drop everything and move to some foreign country to nurture and care for strangers. I see these families who are living in Uganda and China and Ethiopia and I am in awe of them. To be so selfless, so God like. To know that He will take care of them no matter what! It's beautiful.
I'm not perfect. I am so far from it that I can't even think about what perfect would look like. But I pray that on my better days I m making my Father proud and on my bad days that He forgives me and continues to make me feel His unconditional love.
Because I falter so often. Yesterday was a perfect example. As I looked at my son that could very well never function on his own, the devil spoke to me over and over again in my head and I faltered. Just like Adam and Eve in the garden I gave Him time and I listened. But then, in the end, I looked at my beautiful son, the one that God called me to raise regardless of the future, and I knew. I knew that I am stronger than that. I knew, I KNOW that no matter what happens it will be okay. Because my Dad says so.
And so when I look into this beautiful face, this face whose eyes can't quite focus on mine, whose legs and arms are so skinny I can wrap my thumb and index finger around, I know we are going to be okay. I know it's going to be hard, I know I'm going to cry and falter and continue to question "why me, God?" But we are going to be okay. Because what better blessing could He have bestowed upon me than to be allowed to love and nurture this gentle soul.
And Xavier will be okay!
















Your thoughts out loud... Simply beautiful! I am in awe of the path you are choosing and praying for you to sense God closer than ever before! Lori McCary
ReplyDeleteWow - what a great post - and thanks for walking the walk too! And yeah - we "get" 10 years ago - started our adoption journeys in '02 as well!
ReplyDeletehugs - and continued prayers - aus and co.
Hang in there, Kenlyn. X will blossom so much and start to change minute by minute once you guys are nestled into routine, comfort, good docs and just plain "home." It is always so challenging to look at them and realize so much all at once especially while still there. I hope you and the boys enjoy your next few days together there :)
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful Kenlyn. You are brave and God is behind you every step of the way.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing... :)
ReplyDelete