Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chore charts, homeschooling and swimming... Oh my!

After a disastrous episode with the kid's school and finding out my 8 year old hasn't learned anything this year, I decided to home school her next year. This will mean she is home with Scarlett and I think that will be a good thing.

Since the children have a tendency to "forget" what their chores are, I have finally broken down and made up a chore chart for them... star stickers and all. The new concept is that whoever accumulates the most stickers gets to choose what we do Saturday night. Considering how competitive the two older are, these should work beautifully.

We start Mommy and me swim classes next week. So far Scarlett has loved the bath tub and shower so I'm hoping she enjoys the pool. If not, she'll learn. We are a pool family so she needs to learn now.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on the homeschooling! I couldn't do it but if my daughter didn't learn anything at school in a year, I would have no choice! You are doing what is best. Love the chore chart idea. Let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your homeschooling adventure! That's all we've ever done, so I'm happy to answer questions or offer any advice I have. We gotta get together soon anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    I homeschooled up until last year and then put them into public. We've gone downhill from there. This year I thought I would put them into a Montessori school because it was closest to our homeschooling curriculum and right up the road.
    Next year Shaw will try public again because he will be in 6th and can take AP classes and Maeve will be home with me. We have a lot of catching up to do with her math and writing.

    ReplyDelete