Friday, April 8, 2011

Water baby

Yesterday was our first day at Emler "Mommy and Me" swim class. Scarlett loved it! She took to the water like a pro. When she first got in, she jumped to me and down she went. Her head submerged and then I yanked her up. No, I wasn't expecting that. But once the water was out of her mouth, she laughed and pushed off to go under again. Unreal.

So part of me is thrilled. Here is another child who doesn't fear the water. I have two others like that. But the other part wonders why she has no fear. Is this a good thing? Is it because she is so trusting of me, that I'll protect her, or because she doesn't know to be afraid of anything? She was scared of the animals and doesn't like crowded places, so I know she is fearful. Does this mean she will be more willing to do scary things when she gets older?

I know I should just be thankful that this is so easy and she loves the water.

And yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment