Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kicking the dog...and then her brother... sigh...

Typical toddler behavior, I know, but.....

Can you imagine how well that went over with me? And it was my 10 year old son who told her no. So she kicked him too. She is currently crying in her room, door open, on time out. Why? Because we are trying to watch a movie and she is too loud to be in the same room or vicinity.
It has been almost a month since doing something like this, behavior wise. I was so hoping we were on a good roll uphill.

Sigh...

The good news is she is actually staying in her room, which means I can go in now and bring her out to apologize to the dog and her brother. Yes, we make her apologize to the dog too. It isn't any less of a bad behavior just because it's an animal and not a human.

UPDATE:

She came out of her room to greet me and immediately said she was sorry to the dog, without my even prompting her. And then she went in to Shaw, all by herself, and said she was sorry.

I'm floored. It's getting through...

No comments:

Post a Comment