Sometimes I sit and watch her sleep,
I can't believe she's here.
Her little hand I touch,
The fingers I kiss,
And yet she doesn't stir.
I think about, not 12 months past,
I didn't know her name.
And now I watch her and memorize, each line, each sigh.
Her smile can fill a room and more,
Her pout is quite robust.
She lets her thoughts be known and no matter what,
none of us can get enough.
She consumes my thoughts, my dreams,
Even more so now that she is home.
And in the darkness of the night,
Although she sleeps by my side,
I still think about that little face that captured my heart not long ago.
That face that God showed me in a dream long long ago.
Jeremiah needs prayer.
11 years ago
















Beautiful, Hope you keep that one in her LifeBook for her to read in years to come!
ReplyDeleteThis touched my heart! Beautiful!
ReplyDelete