Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 4 Hangzhou Free Day


I am beyond annoyed with our hotel, The Shangri La. This is supposed to be a 5 star hotel and it is definitely NOT. Maybe it's just a matter of them not liking Americans and so we were placed in the smallest and dumpiest room they have, but the vibes are pretty bad.
 Our guide is sweet but clueless. She picked us up at the airport last night and then started asking me about different papers. Did I have this and that... all papers that no, I didn't have. She was/is supposed to have these. She was insulted when I asked her if this was her first adoption. She didn't answer so I think that is a "yes". I don't mind that since this isn't my first rodeo, but don't be defensive when I'm asking you questions. She didn't ask us if we needed to go anywhere last night or this morning, just told us the next day was a free day and left. Not impressed. 

So today we had a later breakfast, and headed out to walk on the Lake. Holy moly is it COLD here! I am beyond chilled. Because the weather said rainy and 50, we didn't bring our down coats, we brought our wax jackets. Big mistake. The cold is the kind that chills you to the bone and doesn't let go. I'm hoping this isn't a prelude to the rest of the trip. 

Shaw, my 11 yr old, is acting super needy today. I brought him with me because I thought he would be good with Finn, but he is acting up today and not helping my already frazzled nerves. 

Now that I've done my moaning and complaining about our trip so far, onto the good stuff. We walked the lake today and it was beautiful. The architecture is phenomenal. I spent the whole time regretting that I didn't have my camera with me. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow! 

We get to meet Finn tomorrow morning at 9am, give or take. She should be here tonight since it is a 2.5 hour drive to the orphanage but I won't be allowed to see her until tomorrow morning. Prayers for her heart as she meets us and is taken from all she knows and loves. 

And prayers that my Lucy cat is found. My husband has been looking for her for 4 days now and she is still gone. I'm heartbroken. :o(

3 comments:

  1. A few more hours! Then she will be in your arms forever! Will be thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for meeting Finn tomorrow! I hope your cat comes back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Kenlyn - prayers for a happy meeting!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete