Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Humbled...

I was so humbled yesterday. I must admit that I came into this whole second adoption wiser to the children but still full of stereotypes. And when I saw Finn for the first time and noticed to ground in dirt in her hands and under her nails, I was annoyed. I wondered how she could have been cared for when she looked like this. 

And then we traveled to the orphanage. And I saw the love they had for her and I was ashamed. You see, I was thinking about how I keep my house and my children. I wasn't thinking about their heart. I wasn't thinking about whether she was happy and healthy and well cared for. And she was. 

And then it dawned on me why, exactly, they didn't want her to go to Agape House. I'll admit that I've held a grudge for some time because she wasn't able to be transferred to Agape to start treatment. It would have been 6 months of therapy before we got to China to get her. But they didn't want to let her go. They loved her and didn't want to just send her off to some strange place. 

And now I get it. 

They didn't transfer her because they love her. Because they didn't want to let her go. She wasn't just a name or a face or a number to them.

She is Finn. 

And the ayis and the children and the director all adore her.

I am humbled. And grateful.

My daughter has been in a wonderful facility, getting exactly what she needed. 

Thank you, God. 

2 comments:

  1. God is so good! I am thrilled to hear of how well the beginning of her life has been, even though it by no means compares to how it will be now! :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart - and we'll join you in a prayer of thanks for the care and love your Finn has known!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete