This morning was medicals. I met two online friends in person and found the western toilets. Very exciting.
This time wasn't as bad as when we were there with Scarlett. Finn was fine until the TB test and the lady pulled out the needle. At that point, all bets were off. And let's discuss how much I enjoy holding down my daughter, who is JUST STARTING TO GIVE ME EYE CONTACT!, while she freaks out with the needle.
And that makes me think about how lovely her visits to Scottish Rite will be, seeing as how much she enjoys being poked by a needle. Fortunately I was armed with a lollipop so it was quickly forgotten. (or forgiven - not sure which)
From there we came back to the hotel and did paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork. From there we headed to Shameie Island.
We visited Jordon and were sad to see how slow business is for him. The same with Emma. Since they moved the medicals off island and the White Swan is closed, business is dead. We tried to help them a bit by purchasing some shoes and Chinese dresses, but on our budget...
We then took Finn to the playground and watched her in action. She loved the slide but only wanted to do it for about 10 minutes and then she was done and wanted to leave.
So we did.
Once back at the hotel we had dinner and Finn ate a huge plate of steamed broccoli and carrots. I was stunned. Apparently adding ginger and garlic to it is the way to go. She and I have been battling foods for the last several days. She wants only starches and sweets and I won't allow it. I'm not one of those parents who believe in leaving it until we get home. As parents (no matter how new we are to them) we need to set boundaries and rules. My rule is one bite of something new and then they can have whatever it is they want. So far it has worked with minimal issues. Yes, she is extremely stubborn. But I'm more stubborn. And my yummy noises as I eat whatever it is that she wants wins out every time.
Yes, I am proud of myself for out smarting a 5 yr old. What's it to you?
I am still blown away with how tiny she is and keep thinking of her as 3 or 4 max. But even for a 5 year old (that has no use of her right hand) she is amazing! She does everything with the left hand and uses her right hand as a holder after she has opened it with her left. I can't wait to get her into PT to see what she can do! She is so right there! She wants to use it!
Tomorrow we head to the Safari Park...
Jeremiah needs prayer.
11 years ago
















No comments:
Post a Comment