Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finn's Gotcha Day














I can't believe how amazing this day went. She walked in, said "Hi Momma" and toddled off to see what was going on. She was smiley and sweet and amazing. What an absolute blessing! We signed the paperwork, talked with another family for a while and then headed back to the hotel. I kept waiting for Finn to grieve, to cry, something, but she didn't. We came back to the room after a long walk around the lake and took a bath. She LOVES baths and then snuggled into bed. She fell right asleep and then woke me up half way through the night to go potty. 

About her special needs... I wasn't really expecting anything so it wasn't really a shock to me, but kind of like, "Oh, well, she'll definitely need rods and the IV and she is really self sufficient"... I was blown away at what she CAN do by herself. She is independent but loves to be held and snuggled. She snuggled right in to me from the start. She can pull her pants and shoes on, all with her right hand. She is potty trained and after her bath, was insulted that I gave her pull ups for night time. LOL

I am so in love with this child! Her little nose, the way she giggles and laughs...



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!!! Sooo excited for you!!!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete