The fireworks have been going for hours now. It's the Lantern Day Festival and the city is in a frenzy!
We visited Fuzhou orphanage today and I was really impressed with their new facility. I was also able to get a picture for another adoptive family, even though the child is currently in foster care. From what Jack, the director, says, the actual orphanage is site to the severe special needs and the children that "have a chance" of being adopted go into foster care to prepare themselves for an actual home environment.
I took pictures of her abandonment spot and then we headed to the Buddhist temple. It is amazing! So lush and beautiful and peaceful. If it weren't for those annoying Americans that were running around making so much noise, it would have been perfect. What? Oh, those were mine. My bad.
From the front of the temple, you can't tell what lies inside. It appeared small but beautiful.
Here is one of the many lions that protect the country. This one is male because it is playing with a ball.
These trees are everywhere. Shaw almost picked one the other day in the hotel and then asked me if he would be arrested. LOL
Red lanterns cover the city. This is just a small feel for what almost every street looks like. This was inside the Buddhist temple compound.
This is the Buddha Mercy. She stands for mercy and grants favors. She is the most popular Buddha and there were many people burning incense and burning fake money in front of her.
This is a side of a building within the complex. I thought the detailing was extraordinary.
This is one of the money burning urns.
This is a pagoda. It was 15 stories tall, but looked so much taller because it was so slender. Stunning.
600 year old tree
A family photo... thanks Shaw.
After that, we headed to the most popular street in Fuzhou to look for lanterns, Starbucks and gold cats that have moveable arms. Yes, the same kind you can find at any Asian Market in America, but hey, these are actually MADE and SOLD in China.
Maeve was a movie star. People were taking pictures and posing with her non-stop. She started getting a little nervous from all the attention though and then I got very nervous after a man started taking close-up pictures of Scarlett. She is so not used to all the attention and chattering that she gets antsy when we are out in crowded places. I don't blame her.
We then headed to a Tea House and sampled teas, Chinese style. It was very educational and very yummy. Scarlett was really into it as well. She loves tea.
We ended the day with a rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle little star". Too cute.
I am currently typing and waiting for her to nod off.
















Have a wonderful trip to GZ. I sure with you and your beautiful family could have met up with Katherine while you were in Fuzhou. I know she would have loved to meet everyone.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip,
Sheri
Oh my god! You are visiting the orphanage!
ReplyDeleteI cry just like you have the idea could take pictures!
Have a good and safe trip!
Suzie
Beautiful city! How cool that you are there for lantern festival. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you made it to GZ safe and sound! I am also glad you got to go to the CWI and take pictues. I can't wait to chat with you about that once you are home. I would love insight to our daughter living situation. It seems things are going well. I am again, so happy for you! I can't wait for your GZ update!
ReplyDeleteSuzie,
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you received the pictures.