Sunday, February 20, 2011

TB test is - and other things...





Our guide was smart today. She whipped us in and out of the medical center in less than 10. It would have been an even shorter time but her little arm was showing a reaction and so they had to measure and re-measure the spot to make sure it was small enough to not warrant an xray. Because that would have been so delightful! LOL

We then headed to the Liu Hua Park with the other families and walked around for about 2 hours. It was such a menagerie of different children in our group, these poor people didn't know what to think. We have such a mix of Asian and Caucasian...


Scarlett and I had another stand off with the whole "I'm not going to walk" phase. I won again. No applause please.

It's the little things at this point, what can I say?

Tomorrow we have the consulate appt and then Wednesday we are heading out with Ann to go shopping. We walked over to Shamain Island yesterday and bought squeaky shoes for Scarlett. She couldn't have been less interested. We'll have to work on that.

More than anything I think it is all about the shoes she has on now. She's never had her own pair of shoes before, so she has to wear the ones she has now 24/7. She even wants me to put them on over her sleeper at night. I do and then I take them off after she falls asleep, but I always make sure they are right there beside her when she wakes up.  When I was buying some yesterday for her, she couldn't grasp the concept of "I'll have more than one pair" and so when I tried to take off just one to size her, she flipped out. I WAS TAKING HER SHOE.

So a word of advice for those coming here and adopting an older child... let them sleep with the shoes on, the clothes they come in, whatever makes them comfortable. The rest will come. We'll have the rest of their lives to dress them up and buy them things.

No comments:

Post a Comment