Yes, they have them EVERYWHERE!
Just to show that there are humiliating jobs no matter what country you live in!
Cool statues that are throughout Shamian Island
Cobblestone roads that run through Shamain Island
This is a square that is a little way down from our hotel... it reminds me of a miniature Times Square or Piccadilly Circus
The signs throughout the country are hysterical!
Left over from the Lantern Festival... love the red lanterns...
















Hi,
ReplyDeleteJust a thought (I recently took my 2 year old to an adoption psychologist--super stubborn and independent). They said not to get into power trips with her, that she'd always win (or we'd both lose) because, for her, it's about survival. Don't underestimate the effects of 3 years of institutionalization which is traumatic.
Meryl
Minnesota
There are no power trips from me. I am simply a mother setting boundaries for my daughter. I'm not going to let her get away with whatever she wants simply because I don't want to rock the boat. She sees how my children act and react to my rules and boundaries and she needs to do the same. Even institutionalized children need boundaries. Especially since this is all they have known. If boundaries are set with love but firmness, everyone wins. :o) As a parent, you have to discipline without emotion. You show emotion and then it becomes a power play.
ReplyDelete