We had the official swearing in ceremony today. This is where the parents stand up and take the pledge for our children, who are officially now US citizens. Now we wait for her Visa, which we’ll receive on Thursday.
Today has been a really good day. We all slept in until around 7:30 – including Scarlett. There has been only one tantrum, which was in Jordon’s, and we were quite amused. Jordon’s sister didn’t quite know what to make of these horrible Americans who allowed their daughter to cry, but then when they saw her smiling and laughing later, she complimented me as a mother. Go figure. LOL
We loved Jordon’s. He made the kid’s names in Chinese letters, which we’ll frame when we get home. He also has beautiful silk blankets and dresses and we loaded up on those.
Scarlett got into the squeaky shoe purchasing today and picked out two pairs that she liked. This in monumental for us, as she is all about the ones she is wearing and freaks out when they are taken off.
She is allowing Maeve to hold her hand… occasionally…. And is always trying to hold Shaw’s hand. She thinks he is hysterical because he goes out of his way to make her laugh.
I’m feeling better today. I think the sleep last night really helped. It also helps that we only have 2 days left. I know I sound negative about wanting to be home, but when you are parenting a new child, have two children that are homesick and are the only caretaker for the one, home is where you want to be. I want my own shower, my own food, my husband and the children back in school so they stop harassing each other 24/7.
China will be so much better the next time we visit. We’ll be touring and be here as a family unit, with a child that speaks English and is 100% comfortable with us.
Tomorrow we head out with Ann for some wholesale shopping.
















Enjoy some shopping - we had fun with that! Maybe a nice Rolex for your DH at home? I paid about 200 RMB for mine ;) (that's about $27.oo USD at the time)
ReplyDeleteWe loved Jordan's as well - always had what we were looking for - and always 'claimed' to remember us but did come up with my nickname....I was overly impressed!
hugs - aus and co.
Oh, we loved Jordans and Jenny's (along the same side as Starbucks, next block I think). Read through all your posts -- I can TOTALLY relate!! You have to say it, but everyone is homesick at this point AND yes, it's hard to parent with spectators. Yeah, I, too, couldn't wait to deal with the tantrums on our own turf. =)
ReplyDeleteI meant to type, "You hate to say it...." oops!
ReplyDeleteOh yah! We're back up in the room right now because she started in.Second time today. She took her last 3 pieces of meat from dinner (tiny bites, mind you), crammed them into her mouth, chewed them up a bit and then spit them out and then reached for the plum dumpling I said she could have after she finished the 3 pieces. I told her "No, we don't do that" and handed her another piece of meat from my plate. I told her she needed to eat this piece and then she could have the dumpling. She started screaming so the dumpling stayed on the plate, I yanked her up from her chair and we headed up to the room. Mean mean mommy that I am.
ReplyDelete